Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First 2 days at school


So it seems what everyone was saying is true - this is possibly the easiest job in the world (so far). I went to school for the first time yesterday for about 1 hour to get a tour (where we ran into the school choir and they sang me a song) and meet my kocko-sensei (vice principal), and one english teacher, Nozomi (who is pretty coool). They then said that I could go clean my desk, which I did, then go home, which I did.

Day 2 has been equally easy. I went in at 830 (left my house at 825) and helped with the speech contest for about an hour. Basically, I sat there and listened to their speeches, helping them with pronunciation. They are actually pretty good, with one girl even writing her own speech about her dad being a doctor and her wanting to help people when she is older! Well done!

I then had a "meeting" with my english teacher where we talked about what they expect of my self introduction and what not. I think I will make a powerpoint presentation to help pass the time. They then said that I was allowed to leave if I wanted. I told them I wanted to go to Koriyama to get my reentry permit and they said cool! ahha

So the first 2 days have been pretty easy... Not to mention, the first week of classes I HAVE NO CLASSES! They are doing tests or something, so I just get to sit in the teachers lounge and do nothign... I can feel boredom setting in already! But all in all, so far so good! cant wait to meet the other little minions.

No comments: