Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Beach Bomb

First off - WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! I am finally connected to the internet at home!!! I dont think you realise how dependent you are on it until you are unconnected for so long. The worst part about it was that I couldnt talk to the people I love and wanted to talk to! It was literally driving me insane (see previous post). I was restless, losing sleep, mildly depressed, and just all around not a great person to be around! Luckily, that has all changed now that this little baby is here! W00t! Oh... and internet here is almost double as fast as in Canada! I'm downloading a movie right now at 200+kb/s! w000000t! a gamers paradise i tell you ... wink wink, alex haha

So the Iwaki Beach Bomb was yesterday (Saturday, August 18) and it was pretty fun! I spent most of the day in the pacific ocean which was INCREDIBLE!!! It really chaffed my legs which kinda sucked (fuck you salt water!) but was completely worth it! The day was super overcast so I was like "oh yea, i dont need sunscreen there is no sun!" WRONG!!!! LoL, around 5PM people started looking at me funny and im like, what? haha theyre like you have a SUNBURN!!! and are super super red! yikes! im like i didnt know sun could get you through CLOUDS! damn i was wrong! Oh well! definently worth the sun burn!

The Beach Bomb was a bit of a let down though. I had a GREAT time, but I was expecting 10,000 people to be there.. I think the weather deterred a lot of people from coming out, but I'd say at most there were 1,000 people there... We got a little drunk during the day, but then at night we had pretty much been partied out and decided that instead of camping on the beach, we'd take rides back to Aizu. The train would've taken like 3-4 hours and a drive was 2 or so. Thanks to Paul for driving me home... AGAIN! I really owe this guy since he drives me around all the time! And thanks to Kessler for picking me up! Made for a really hassle free drive!

I'm getting a cell phone tomorrow! woooo people will finally be able to call m with plans!! I think my car should also be ready at some point next week!!! Some people are gonna come over and use my oven (since i apparently have the only one in japan haha) and bake cookies for our classes or teachers or something!

C'yall!

No comments: