Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sorry, it's been a while!

Well I dont think that I've written here in about 5 months so I figured I'd try to maintain it a bit better for the rest of my 4 months here.

First off, my winter was amazing. December - March were my favorites months since I'd been to Japan.

1) Went to Thailand and Cambodia for Christmas holidays. The beaches and history were amazing, so it was really awesome to see... especially with the group of people I was with!

2) I finally got to ski regularly again! Having lived in S. Ontario for the past 4 years I wasnt able to get out much... Living here, 10 minutes from my door to the ski hill, made me go usually 4 times a week! It was awesome... I'll miss ALTS!

3) Phil came over to Japan and we had an incredible time together. Traveled most of Japan, and saw most of the major Japanese sites from Hiroshima to Kyoto/Osaka and then up north to Aizu and Bandai. It was really awesome having him here... cant wait to do it again!!

4) Went to China for 5 days over a Japanese long weekend! It was SOOOO good! Check out the video on Facebook to better understand ;)

5) Amy was in Japan and took 2 days out of her schedule to come up and visit! It was awesome to be able to show her Aizu!

So that's what I've done.

At this point I'm over Japan and would really like to move on. I dont really like the job... it's boring and a lot of the time I feel completely useless just sitting there in a staff room not knowing what's going on. I started reading The Global Me the other day and it talks about problems with homogeneous populations taking Japan as a case study arguing that their aversion to immigration has impacted their global competitiveness. I find this becoming more obvious the longer I'm here and its making me disenfranchised with Japan.

Well that's my rant for now.. I'll write on here more often... promise! ;)

1 comment:

Orfali said...

hey! I didn't know you had started writing on your blog once again! I'll make sure I get the chance to read everything as soon as I get the chance.

Meanwhile, I think you should sync it with Facebook so others can read it!

talk to you soon,

Phil