Thursday, November 15, 2007

Uhh - You got that?

Every Thursday night I have adult conversation class from 7-815. My students in this class are mostly women (there is one guy) aged from 14~60. They are a pretty wild bunch and Im starting to get the impression they come because they 1. want to learn english, or 2. find me entertaining for an hour!

Tonight we were talking about sports so I asked the question, "What is your favorite Olympic sport?" The first girl answered swimming, and the second girl followed by saying "Oh me too, I love Ian Thorpe."

Ian Thorpe is a famous Australian swimmer well known for his enormous feet so I said, "Oh, you know he has size 15 feet (not sure if this is the actual size, but who cares)" and they were all like WHOAAA! Then I randomly say "You know what they say about guys with big feet...?" All the women were kinda staring not knowing what I just said, and then I'm like "oh it's an English joke" and they all BURSTTTTTT out laughing! I have never seen them laugh so hard! I'm still confused as to whether they understood the joke (big feet = big socks ;) haha NOT!) or were just overcompensating and pretending to understand!

No comments: