Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hairy Arms

As many of you will know, I have very hairy arms. It isn't entirely noticeable since it's red/blonde but it's there, and there's a lot of it. Anyways, In Japan, they don't really have hairy arms... This becomes especially apparent at Kindergarten or whenever I met kids.

They say hey, say some random stuff in Japanese while I stand there and smile at them, and then BAM, notice my arm hair. They are literally mesmerized by it, and MUST touch it! LoL, it's hilarious, random and slightly creepy, but I guess thats part of the cultural exchange aspect... the introduction to hairy westerners! haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man! This has been a concern of mine for a while now. I have hairy arms too (except the hair on my arms is brown) and I've been wondering if I'd move to Japan if I'd get stared at by natives because it... you know, since the Japanese themselves are practically hairless except for their heads. Have you had any odd experiences besides with kids, so far?