Friday, August 17, 2007

Hot Water Throwing Festival

Friday night me, Arthur and Paul went to the water throwing festival in Aizu Wakamatsu which is basically a trek up the mountain with a huge shrine on your shoulders and 2 girls on the shrine throwing money at people. The catch of this event is, that while we’re throwing money, the other people are throwing HOT WATER!!! Not boiling hot water but onsen water, or basically naturally heated spring water. The route goes through a number of onsen hotels where each one has gathered their guests outside to throw water at us. The trade off is… THEY PROVIDE FREE BEER AND SAKE! Haha, so while we’re marching up this mountain with girls dancing on this shrine (on our shoulders) we get drunk for free! So yea, it was a pretty fun 2.5 hours, but by the end I had to pee so badly I thought my bladder was gonna burst and my toes and fingers had shriveled into the pruniest things I had ever seen! After we got back we headed to our own onsen, which was awesome. The thing about onsens is, that you go in them naked! Haha… By the time we got there I was already dead tired, and after sitting in this HOT bath I was pretty much knocked out for the night! All in all, this made for a pretty good Friday night!

No comments: